AFRIMA 2021 Terms & Conditions for Voting
By participating in the Voting Process of the AFRIMA 2021 All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMA), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Voting is available online at https://www.afrima.org/AFRIMA2021voting/
- Voting is open to all persons around the world aged 18 and above, except employees of AFRIMA Awards Limited; officials of the African Union Commission and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organization or judging of/for the awards.
- Winners of some of the categories of the Awards will be determined by number of votes cast by the public in favor of nominees and voting from the AFRIMA International Academy of Voters.
- Voting by the public will not be the only basis for determining the nominee who will emerge winner in some categories of the Awards (Click here to see full list of categories: https://afrima.org/award-categories In these categories of the Awards, the total number of votes that will be used to determine the winner will comprise 50% of votes cast by members of the public and 50% of votes cast by members of the AFRIMA International Academy of Voters.
- Voting opens September 27, 2021 and closes November 20, 2021 provided that voting times may be subject to change.
- After the closing date, an Artiste or Music Professional or Song will be announced at the AFRIMA Main Awards event as winner of any of the categories of the Awards under which the Artiste or Music Professional or Song was nominated.
- The Artiste or Music Professional or Song that will be named as the winner of any of the categories of the Awards will be the nominee with the highest number of votes polled under that category alongside sum total from collation of votes from the AFRIMA International Academy of Voters.
- Every voter upon signup will be entitled to 3 Vote counts daily (i.e., every day to be used per artiste per category according to their choosing) for each of the 38 categories of the Awards – more vote counts can be acquired/accumulated based on fans engagements with a unique shareable URL found on the fans/voters’ dashboard upon signup.
- The cumulative impact of the votes will be derived from public voting and academy voting in the appropriate categories.
- Voters can monitor impact of their votes from the user voting backend.
- The votes will also be monitored and computed by an independent accounting firm/International Auditor for accuracy, accountability and transparency.
- AFRIMA reserves the right to cancel or suspend voting at any time. The eligibility of any vote is at the sole discretion of AFRIMA.
- AFRIMA’s decision on voting arrangements and validity of votes will be final.
- AFRIMA, on its own behalf and the behalf of any contractor, subcontractor, agent or production partner of AFRIMA, does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with the internet connectivity or line or in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in any vote being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- AFRIMA shall be entitled to make whatever decision it deems appropriate in respect of elimination of a nominee and/or selection of a winner of any of the categories of the Awards in the event of technical failure of any voting system or malfunction or any other problem with internet connectivity or in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise that results in any vote or votes being lost or not properly registered or recorded.
- In the event of a dispute or tie or if for any other reason AFRIMA deems it necessary or appropriate, AFRIMA reserves the right to make the final determination as to which of the nominees will be declared the winner of the award.
- AFRIMA reserves the right to disqualify votes if it has reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred or if it considers there has been any attempt to rig the voting.
- AFRIMA reserves the right to discount votes if there is or has taken place any action that may inappropriately influence or manipulate or has inappropriately influenced or manipulated the voting procedures. AFRIMA’s decision in this regard is final and conclusive.
- AFRIMA will null and void every form of voter fraud detected from any region, person or group.
- AFRIMA’s decision in relation to all matters affecting the Vote is final.
- Participation denotes acceptance of these terms and conditions and any additional campaign specific terms and conditions which may be advertised.
- Visit the AFRIMA website https://www.afrima.org or direct link https://www.afrima.org/AFRIMA2021voting/ and login to access the unique URL on how to engage/vote to support your favourite artiste.
- Voting window opening and closing times may vary from those published so please visit the AFRIMA website frequently to keep abreast of any changes in those times. Please do not vote outside the advertised vote window as your vote will not be counted but you will be charged for your vote.
- AFRIMA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants. Please check these Terms and Conditions each time you wish to vote.
- AFRIMA also reserves the right to cancel the Awards if circumstances arise outside of its control.