Terms and Conditions for the AFRIMA 2019 CALL FOR ENTRIES
- By entering your works each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Failure to supply all requested personal information at the time of submitting an entry might result on the entry being invalid.
- Entry is open to Artistes, Songwriters, Video Directors, Music Producers, Disc-Jockeys (DeeJays) and Choreographers/Dancers from across the African continent and in the Diaspora.
- Entries submitted through email to any AFRIMA email address will not be considered or reviewed.
- Entries will be deemed to be void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- Each unique entry submissions will be accepted as applicable to all necessary categories.
- By entering the competition entrants,nominees and winners agree to their names being published and to be photographed and/or interviewed by The Press or AFRIMA and that AFRIMA may use their names and such photographs and/or interviews for publicity purposes.
- The AFRIMA Trophies are not transferable or exchangeable.
- All prizes are subject to standard terms and conditions of the company supplying the prizes.
- 10. AFRIMA is not liable for damage to the AFRIMA Trophy after it is in the possession of the winner or his or her representative. AFRIMA is also not liable for damage to the AFRIMA Trophy sent by post or courier.
- Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon request.
- Only entries received in the year in review I.e August 1st, 2018 to August 2nd, 2019 specified in the AFRIMA Calender will be accepted.
- Winners will be drawn from outcomes of Public and Academy Voting.
- Winners will be notified as specified in the advertisement and promotions
- Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, AFRIMA and their employees are not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the AFRIMA Trophy.
- Entry is open to Artistes, Songwriters, Video Directors, Music Producers, DJs, and Dancers from across the African continent and Diaspora.
- The decision of AFRIMA juror and Academy of voters in relation to any aspect of the Awards ceremony is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries (name, beat, sound, audio, lyrics, pictures, graphics, colour etc.) becomes the property of AFRIMA and may be used for promotional and marketing purposes, either online or offline.
- Under the Privacy Act, all individuals have the right to access and correct their personal information by contacting AFRIMA in writing to AFRIMA Secretariat, AFRIMA firstname.lastname@example.org
- By agreeing to receive a complimentary subscription to AFRIMA, recipients of any complimentary subscription are deemed to have given AFRIMA consent to contact them.
- From the Entries submitted, the AFRIMA Adjudication Process managed by the 13-Man International Jury of AFRIMA will consist of:
a) Screening of Entries (to ensure compliance to the guidelines for submission including entry period validity).
b) Grading of Entries
c) Collation of Score for the Entries
d) Selection & Shortlisting of Top Scoring Entries
e) Announcement of the 2019 AFRIMA Nominees
The ‘World Media Announcement of 6TH AFRIMA Nominees’ List’ publicly unveils African artistes and/or works that have been nominated in the Regional and Continental Categories of the awards. There are 36 categories and AFRIMA reserves the right to increase or reduce the number of categories at her sole discretion.
- The prize for each winner of the category is 23.9 Karat Gold Plated AFRIMA Trophy. The trophy is not transferable or exchange without the permission of AFRIMA Awards Ltd.
- The AFRIMA trophy is the pinnacle and symbol of Africa greatness and achievement and is the sole of AFRIMA Awards. The trophy must not be defaced, burnt As such must be guided jealously.
- Entrants retain all rights to their works, but by submitting a work(s) (audio or video) for the Award; Entrants or Artistes or his/her agent acknowledge, agree and grants to AFRIMA (All Africa Music Awards), its affiliates, licensees, successors and assigns (“AFRIMA Parties”) a worldwide sub-licensable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty free license to use the Entry or work(s) in any way whatsoever including but not limited to, public performance, public display, publishing, reproduction, communication to the public, amendment, abridgement, or modification of the Entry or any part of the Entry, transmission and distribution of the Entry or any part of the Entry (either as an individual Entry and/or with other Entries and/or other third party content) on and through the website www.afrima.org or social media platforms (Facebook, twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, google +, Instagram) or any website, app or other digital product associated with any of the AFRIMA Parties (whether or not only available to subscribers) and/or any newspaper or other publication published or owned by any AFRIMA Parties in its different present and future forms for example newsprint, Braille, talking book, podcast, audio download, audiobook, electronic databases, e-paper, mobile device application, electronic media or website including mobile form or any other facsimile or derivative versions in any medium
- By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree to make themselves available for public relations activities at reasonable request wherever possible, including participating in events in the run up to the Award. In the event of being shortlisted for the Award, Entrants agree to attend the Award ceremony (if one is held), and in the event of winning the Award undertake a mutually acceptable limited programme of activities, as may be agreed with the winning Entrant, to promote the Award particularly immediately after the Award is made. For the avoidance of doubt, any publisher or agent who submits an Entry on behalf of an author shall be responsible for ensuring the author’s attendance at the Award ceremony and any further activity agreed. Entrants are responsible for all reasonable costs associated with attending public relations activities, the events and Award ceremony.
- By submitting an Entry, Entrants agree to give an interview that may be recorded and participate in a frequently asked questions session, and/or assist in the production of a follow up article or creative or artwork or video or audio in each case that may be published and made available to the public by AFRIMA on Television, Radio, or any website and social media platforms associated with AFRIMA or its affiliates, or any other medium at AFRIMA’s sole discretion. In the event that an interview or article is made about an Entrant, this does not mean that the Entrant is entitled to an award or prize.
- By submitting an Entry, Entrants of all winning or nominations Entries agree to ensure that in the event that any winning or Nominees Entry is published, including in any anthology publications such as a Selection, it will carry approved credits if requested to do so and provided all materials bearing such approved credits, logos or trademarks are pre-approved by AFRIMA.
ADMINISTRATION AND COMMUNICATION
- When entering online: The Entry Form must be completed, submitted and received by AFRIMA on www.afrima.org as stated in these Terms and Conditions by 23:59 hour (GMT) on Friday August 2, 2019.
- The World Media Announcement of AFRIMA 2019 Nominees’ list follows in August. All announcement dates in the 2019 award calendar of events are approximate and may be subject to change.
- Entrants must provide their name, email address, telephone number, URL link to their work(s), social media handles, name of record label, name of producer and name of video director, copy of studio picture, and postal address.
- Should Entrants be shortlisted or nominated for the awards, AFRIMA is responsible for costs and related expenses which include Flight tickets, hotel accommodation, feeding, , to attend any relevant events or promotional activity including (without limitation) the Award Nominees announcement, the Welcome Soiree, the Nominees Party, the AFRIMA Music Village, Africa Music Business Summit, the City Tour, the Red Carpet, and the Awards ceremony. AFRIMA is not obligated to cover other related costs such as (but not limited to) par-diem, costume, make-up, band fees unless otherwise agreed to in writing by the AFRIMA Executive Producer and or his/her appointed representative.
- The Award Producer, Directors and administrators will not acknowledge receipt of Entries and do not accept any responsibility for late, lost Entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
- Entrants must supply full details as required above, and comply with all rules and terms and conditions to be eligible for the Awards. Ineligible, obscene or fraudulent entries will be automatically disqualified. In the event that any Entrant breaches or AFRIMA reasonably believes that an Entrant has breached these Terms and Conditions, AFRIMA may reject the Entry and/or remove the Entrant from any long list or shortlist and/or retract the Awards.
- Please note that no Entries can be returned.
- AFRIMA and administrators reserve the right to refuse any Entry to the Award for any reason at their absolute discretion.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions to agree to be bound by them when submitting an Entry upon completion of the entry forms and relevant tick boxes.
- A manager, label, publisher or agent who submits a work on behalf of an artiste warrants that by submitting that artiste’s work for the Award they have obtained the artiste’s informed consent and approval of all terms and conditions contained herein and to have taken on the responsibility of guaranteeing and procuring the artiste’s compliance with the terms and conditions set out herein. If such manager, label, publisher or agent has failed to do so, the administrators or AFRIMA are not liable. Any artiste who submits an Entry warrants that they have all necessary consents, approvals, rights and licenses required to submit an Entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants indemnify and will keep AFRIMA, the Administrators indemnified against loss, injury or damage (including any legal costs or expenses and any compensation costs and disbursements paid or incurred by AFRIMA, the administrator on the advice of legal counsel to compromise or settle any claim) occasioned, the Administrators in consequence of any breach of the warranties contained in these terms and conditions or arising out of any claim alleging that the submitted entry constitutes an infringement of any third party intellectual property rights or contains libelous, obscene or defamatory matter.
- There is no alternative to the AFRIMA trophy stated and the trophy is not transferable and no part or parts of the trophy may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- AFRIMA and/or the Administrators will not be liable for any failure of receipt of Entries. AFRIMA and the Administrator have no responsibility or liability for any Entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Other than death or personal injury arising from the acts or omissions of AFRIMA, AFRIMA, the Administrators will not be liable for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect) arising out of the Awards.
- AFRIMA reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Award (including altering prizes) if, in their sole discretion, the Award is not capable of being conducted as specified. AFRIMA reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable or such other reasons as AFRIMA may deem reasonable.
- The promoter of this Awards is AFRIMA Awards LTD (address below)..
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to abide by each and all these Terms and Conditions. AFRIMA reserves the right, with or without cause, to exclude entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these terms and conditions. AFRIMA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and any amendments might not be published order than the Award website www.afrima.org. It is the responsibility of the entrant to check for any changes to the Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are exclusively governed by the laws of Nigeria and Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Nigeria. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall limit the right of AFRIMA, its affiliates or subsidiaries, successors or assigns, to bring a claim against any party in any other jurisdiction.