Event Plan Layout
MAIN AWARDS PROGRAMME OF EVENTS: Occurs over five days in the main awards ceremony week and they include:
- AFRIMA Welcome Soiree: A reception to welcome arrived AFRIMA nominees, members of the International Committee of AFRIMA, African Union officials and other invited guests.
- AFRIMA Music Village: The one-day AFRIMA Music Village is a festival-style outdoor music concert with performances by top-billed AFRIMA nominees and guest African super artistes. This event is free entry for the over 50,000 expected audience. The Music Village is scheduled to start at 6.00 p.m. and runs until dawn. African Union Member States are invited to secure exhibition booths
- Africa Music Business Summit: The Africa Music Business Summit is an annual panel discussion platform to interrogate and strategize on the business of music in Africa while charting a synergistic way forward for development and economic empowerment for the music talents. It is a platform for business networking and interaction among music professionals, music executives, government officials and other stakeholders in the music, media and financial sectors of Africa and of the world. The Summit holds between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. with breakout sessions and master classes taken by professionals to train budding talents.
- Tour of the Host City: Invited Guests and AFRIMA Nominees will go on a Tour of the Host City and pay a Courtesy Call on the Host City Government. The tour of the Host City will be led by appointed culture representatives/guides of the government. The tour ends with a reception for contingent by the Government of the Host City.
- Nominees Party: An exclusive party for nominees and invited celebrity guests. It is a night of dancing to infectious music, munching on delicious nibbles, social networking and incredible experiences for all of our guests.
- Courtesy Visit/Banquet By The Governor: The delegates are expected to pay courtesy visit to the Governor of the Host City.
- The Main Awards Ceremony: The main awards ceremony opens at 4.30 p.m. with the live broadcast Red Carpet showcase of the fashion and vibe of Africa’s music talents. There would be special interviews by the media on the Red Carpet anchored by five celebrity African red carpet hosts. The live broadcast awards ceremony follows at 7.30 p.m. with high profile guest attendance, energising stage performances and inspiring moments.
- Awards ‘After Party’: A throw-down to celebrate the night with winners, music stars, select guests and followers of the music industry.